ABOUT DISTRICT COURT
The first office of the Kohima District Judiciary was established in the year 1977 headed by K.N. Tankha in the rank of Chief Judicial Magistrate cum Ex-Officio Additional Deputy Commissioner (J) later in the year 2008 the ADC was re-designated as Additional District & Sessions Judge.
Presently there are three Judicial Officers posted at Kohima.
With a view to deliver proper justice to the litigants and to dispose cases properly and judiciously the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India had separated Judiciary from Executive and the following District & Sessions Judges were appointed and posted to Kohima vis:-
1. Shri Mayang Lima From 2007 to 2011
2. Lt. Lanu Walling From 2012 to 2013
3. Shri Y M Imchen From 2014 to 2017
4. Smti Khesheli From 2018 to 2019
5. Shri Niechozhiyi Seyie From 2020 to 2020
6. Shri Inalo Zhimomi From 2021 to 2021
7. Y Longkumer From 2022 to 2022
8. Smti Duvelu Vero From 2023 till date.
- Police Advisory dated 19-12-2019 regarding filing of chargesheet in POCSO cases only in Jurisdictional Courts
- Order dated 30-11-2015 designating the Court of District & Sessions Judge Kohima as Special Court for Commercial Disputes
- Order dated 20-10-2014 regarding Bail Bonds in cases involving grave offences and out stationed accused
- Order dated 1-11-2014 designating Special Courts under Section 70 & 74 of the Food Safety & Standards Act, 2006
- Notification dated 31-05-2017 regarding constitution of Vigilance Cell in District Courts of Nagaland
- Notification dated 30-07-2014 regarding format of certified copy of Judgment-Decree in Title & Money Suits
- Notification dated 30-03-2007 regarding constitution of State Level Police Complaints Authority
- Notification dated 30-03-2007 regarding constitution of District Level Police Complaints Authority
No post to display